jueves, 12 de marzo de 2009

The Smiths - Meat is Murder

OK, so this song has had a huge impact on me recently which is why I thought it was appropriate to post it. I just want to mention a few things about it.

1. This song was written by Morrissey (lead singer) and Johnny Marr (lead guitarist)
2. It is the name sake of their CD Meat is Murder (talk about obvious)
3. Many people say that this song has committed loads more to vegetarianism than any other song or movement.
4. It is extremely important due to the power of the words and the music.

Just before you put the video on, I just wanted to say that it is very important that you listen... and I mean really listen. Too many people listen to a song superficially, hearing the music but not really understanding it, never really trying to hear what the writer is trying to say. In the original of this song you can hear cows, sheep... making sound in the background. Unfortunately I couldn't find a version of the original on youtube. The one I have found is a live performance of this song... enjoy...


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario